School-age career guidance
School-age career guidance and counselling supports the adolescent during his or her exploration regarding further and higher education options and eventual career choices.
The young person is facing a number of questions regarding his or her future.
- After school finishes what am I to do next?
- Shall I move on to further or higher education or find a job?
- I would like to go to Uni, but what subject shall I choose?
- What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses?
- What are my talents?
- What are my options realistically?
- What supports me and what hinders me?
- What are other people’s expectations of me?
- Where do I see myself in 5-years time?
These and many more questions regarding career-related choices and school-management performance anxieties and pressures are issues dealt with during career counselling sessions.